An investigation's underway after a 15-year-old girl died after suffering a severe allergic reaction when she was eating a takeaway.
Megan Lee was rushed to Blackburn Royal Infirmary from her home in Oswaldtwistle, Accrington, but died a few days later on New Year's Day.
It's said she ordered the food from the Hyndburn area.
Her devastated parents Adam and Gemma have paid tribute. In a statement they said:
"A role model, an inspiration, our Princess, our Megan.
Our hearts are shattered at the sudden loss of our beautiful daughter. Megan loved School and thoroughly enjoyed drama & musical theatre. She immediately touched the hearts of everyone she ever met. Megan was the kindest most loving daughter & sister, who always wore the most beautiful and infectious smile.
May we kindly request that our privacy is respected at this devastating time."
Police say they're looking into what happened and their thoughts are with her family.
Lancashire Police said:
We are investigating the sudden death of a 15-year-old girl from Oswaldtwistle who passed away at Royal Blackburn Hospital after suffering a severe allergic reaction. She had eaten food from a takeaway in the Hyndburn area and was admitted to hospital on Friday (30 December) but sadly passed away on New Year’s Day (1 January). We are currently carrying out enquiries on behalf of the coroner. A post mortem examination to establish the cause of her death has taken place however the full results will not be known for some time. Our thoughts remain with the family of the girl at this extremely sad and difficult time."
Two men from have been arrested in connection with the death of a girl from Oswaldtwistle.
Megan Lee, 15, ate food from an Indian takeaway in Hyndburn on Friday 30th December and later had an apparent allergic reaction. She was admitted to Royal Blackburn Hospital but passed away two days later on New Years Eve.
The results of a post mortem examination to establish the cause of her death are not expected for some time.
Lancashire Police arrested two men aged 37 from Rossendale and 38 from Blackburn on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter by gross negligence.
In a statement they said: “We are working closely in liaison with colleagues from Trading Standards and Environmental Health as part of our inquiries into Megan’s death. Her family are being kept fully updated with the progress of the investigation. Our thoughts remain with the family of the girl at this extremely sad and difficult time.”