Two men bailed after sudden death of teenager in East Lancashire

Two men bailed after sudden death of teenager in East Lancashire

Two men have been bailed - after they were arrested in connection with the death of a 15 year old girl from Lancashire - who it's believed had an allergic reaction after eating a takeaway.

Megan Lee died on New Years Day.

The 15 year old had been eating food from an Indian Takeaway in Hyndburn - when she suffered what's been described as a "severe allergic reaction"

Megan was taken to hospital in Blackburn but died two days later - a post mortem has taken place, but the results aren't known yet.

A 37 year old man from Rossendale - and another man - who's 38 and from Blackburn - have been questioned on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter by gross negligence.

Police say they're also working with Trading Standards and Environmental Health as part of their investigation.

Related Articles